Signups are closed now, maybe next year!
Thanks to all those who have entered the 9th Annual Byggvir's Big Beer Cup. The judging will be on Saturday, October 3rd and Sunday, October 4th at the Minnesota Renaissance Festival. The first place entry in each category will go on to Best of Show judging, which will be hosted at Town Hall Brewery in Minneapolis on Tuesday, October 6th starting at 6 pm. Winners will be announces and prizes awarded after the Best of Show judging is completed. You can also pick up scoresheets at that time. All are welcome to attend! (Winners will be posted later that week and items not picked up sent out.)
Welcome to the home of Byggvir's Big Beer Cup, the Minnesota Renaissance Festival's Home Brew Competition. This contest is sponsored by the Minnesota Home Brewers.
Byggvir's Big Beer Cup will be accepting entries of historic, English, and European beer, mead, and cider styles from August 15 through September 12, 2015 at Northern Brewer, Midwest Supplies, Still H2O, and Brew and Grow.
Judging will be on-site at the Minnesota Renaissance Festival on Saturday, October 3 and Sunday, October 4, 2015.
We at Byggvir's Big Beer Cup are very excited to announce that Mike Hoops from Minneapolis Town Hall has been generous enough to offer to brew the best beer of Byggvir's at Town Hall Brewery! Rules for this prize:
- Minneapolis Town Hall Brewery reserves the right to select "Brewers Choice" from the Best of Show round of judging. Brewers Choice may or may not be the Best of Show Winner. No meads, ciders, or sour beers will be considered.
- Brewers Choice will be brewed at Town Hall Brewery within the next calendar year. It will be served on tap at Minneapolis Town Hall Brewery the following August.
- The award winning brewer is welcome and encouraged to join the brew session with Head Brewer Mike Hoops at Minneapolis Town Hall Brewery at his/her own expense.
- Minneapolis Town Hall Brewery plans to enter the beer in the GABF PRO-AM Competition. Town Hall Brewery will pay the entry fee and provide 2 Passes to the GABF. The winning brewer will be responsible for travel expenses to Denver (airfare, hotel, food, etc.)
- See rules for GABF Pro Am at www.greatamericanbeerfestival.com
Byggvir's is also excited to announce that Tim Roets from Roets Jordan Brewery will also offer to brew one of the Best of Show Fruit Beers or Spice/Herb Veggie Beers.
- Tim Roets will select the entry from the Best of Show round of judging. It may or may not be the Best of Show Winner.
- The recipe will be scaled up within the next calendar year. It will be served at Roets Jordan Brewery, and may also be available in bottles, depending on ingredients, and production level.
- The brewer selected is welcome and encouraged to join in with the process with Tim Roets at Roets Jordan Brewery at his/her own expense.
- The winner will be announced at the awards ceremony at Minneapolis Town Hall.